Quilting fun for family and friends!

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Charley 1 and 2, a Finish

Charley Harper 1 and 2 are complete. I sewed down the last bit of binding the day they were to be gifted. The quilts were requested to be long and narrow, the perfect size to sit on the couch and watch tv.
I commute on weekends so do quite a bit of hand sewing on the ferry. The panel quilt received more comments than the patchwork. Go figure!

I used the Greek Keys pattern by Kaffe Fassett. The fabric is Charley Harper by Birch Fabrics. I used straight line quilting on both quilts. Outlining the squares on the panel quilt looks very effective. Almost like a real quilt, lol.
I never knew who he was until this fabric line came out but I am now a big fan of Charley Harper. I just love his saucy looking birds. Now to finish my Charley Harper quilt!

4 comments:

  1. Love 'em, Pam! The Greek Keys pattern fits the fabric wonderfully! They are both gorgeous.

    The first time I read your post, I thought, no... not Charlie Harper: what kind of strange marketing is that?... for a show that, last I checked, didn't have great ratings. THEN, I thought, surely, there must be another Charlie Harper. A real one. Then I did a search. WHAT an interesting life!

    Thanks for teaching me something today, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both quilts! Orange is one of my favourite colours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both quilts and orange is one of my favourite colours too. I think it's an Autumn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange quilt is really striking. Love the lady bug fabric. It's too cute!

    ReplyDelete