Quilting fun for family and friends!

Friday 10 January 2014

It's a Finish!

I made my girls the Holiday Hustle quilts from Sew Lux. They were Aspen Frost by Basic Grey, In From the Cold by Kate Spain and Holiday Frost by Jan Shade Beach.
I just finished the last one. You can't really see it in the photo's but I thought I would try my hand at FMQ.  I bought myself a book "Beginner's Guide to Free-Motion Quilting" by Natalia Bonner. Read through the beginning chapters and decided to dive right in. I did loops and stars. It is waaaay harder than it looks, however, after my third quilt it looks marginally better. Not sure if you put quilt one and quilt three side by side if you could really see any progression in skill.
It is done. Now there is just mine to finish.

Linking up to TGIFF

2 comments:

  1. Yay, yay, yay! Way to go on the quilting, Pam! Love the colours on your quilt. So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. You are waaaay ahead of me. I am still scared to try machine quilting. I will have to bit the bullet and do it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete