Quilting fun for family and friends!

Tuesday 17 July 2018

Sylvie's Table Topper

We moved from our 2 bedroom condo to a 5 bedroom house on April 1. I loved my condo however it was getting small for the 4 of us. We have been living together for 3 years. While Robi was younger it was very doable, however now he is 4 it is too small for all of us. So we purchased a multi-generational house with my other daughter and son-in-law. We went from 3 adults and one child to 5 adults and one child. I have a suite in the basement, supposedly so I can sew. I have not yet dragged out the machine.

In the condo, Sylvie would come in every two weeks to clean. She has been taking care of us for 10 years and is like a part of the family. We tried to get her to move with us but it is too far for her.
 As a thank you for all her care I made her a table topper from some of my favourite fabrics.
She is thrilled! We miss her terribly!!!

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely! What a kind and sweet gift for Sylvie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty quilt! Thanks for linking up with the Needle and Thread Network. And good luck unpacking.

    ReplyDelete