Quilting fun for family and friends!

Tuesday 14 November 2017

Strawberry Field completed

Not sure when I started this quilt but looking back through my blog I mentioned it in January 2015. A three years old WIP, not too bad.
My friend and past co worker just completed her PhD. I am so proud of her. Working full time, raising an infant to a toddler, and completing her theses.
I threw this quilt in the corner as I could not wrap my head around it, it said challenging, I thought they were kidding. When I brought it out again it was doable. I never think I am gaining skills as a quilter but I guess I am. I usually pick patterns or blocks that are easy and doable as quilting is my relaxing time. I do not wish to struggle.

Love this material.

7 comments:

  1. We are always learning skills as quilters I guess. That is a really cool quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty quilt, and will be perfect as a gift for your friend! It's always such a good feeling to finish an older WiP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty quilt, I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish! Weird...I was just looking at and thinking of making that quilt just the other day. Is it Strawberry Fields from a Material Obsession book because that's the one I was looking at making. Now that I see yours I'm thinking even harder about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, that's a pretty quilt! Is the pattern called Strawberry Fields, or is that the name of your particular quilt?

    ReplyDelete