Quilting fun for family and friends!

Sunday 30 April 2017

March Bee Block and a Baby Blanket

March Bee Block is done and in the mail.
We were asked to make spool blocks. Ah ha, easy peasy. So did I read the directions that said measure your block, no. I ended up unpicking each of these blocks to shorten the spool ends. grr! Well they all match now!!!

I used my pink and orange nine patches to make this baby blanket. Super fast finish on this quilt, it was done in a weekend. I had been seeing corner stones on quilts lately and they really caught my eye. Love the look in this quilt.
I have been humming and hawing about making quilts for the people at work and had decided not to make one for this latest little baby. Caved in. There is just something about welcoming a new baby with a quilt. I really like being able to share my gifts with a new little one! this has to be my favourite backing fabric ever! Feedsack!

 Baby quilt number 3.

2 metres of material out. No material in! Yeah for sewing the stash.

Oh, I saw a coyote today while I was out gardening in the yard. Looked pretty healthy and not all that nervous. He did leave when I started walking towards him.

2 comments:

  1. Great blocks and I love your quilt. Just right for a little girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much fun making baby quilts - that they can be finished in a weekend (as mine was) is even better.
    The last baby quilt I did had cornerstones and loved the look! I am incorporating them into nearly all of my new projects.
    In total agreement that there is just something about welcoming a new baby with a quilt - it just seems right!

    ReplyDelete