Quilting fun for family and friends!

Wednesday 11 June 2014

WIP Wednesday


I have been working on my cousin’s quilt. I chose the pattern from “Quilts + Love” by Mary Katherine Fons. Love this book! Love this pattern! I was going to change up the pattern as that is what we quilters do. Take something and rework it. In my case I sometimes rework it and it does not work. So, I love Mary’s quilt, I want my quilt to work, so I followed Mary’s advise! Who knew I could do that. I was going to add all the different scraps that came from my Aunt’s stash, but thank goodness Mary was looking over my shoulder and gently guided me away from making a gigantic error in material selection. 
I have paired it back to the red and blue scraps. Phew! Mistake avoided! This is going to be so wonderful!
I have Amanda’s top sewn together! It is pinned and ready to quilt! Yeah! I now have a deadline for this quilt as Amanda will be in Canada for the next 3 weeks. Need this done by Friday so it can go in the mail. I do not want to post this overseas! Our postage in Canada has gone up substantially!

On a personal note, last week was very difficult. It would have been our 33rd anniversary. Rob took such joy in life and would have loved seeing our new grandson. He would have celebrated as our youngest granddaughter had prunes for the first time. And cheered as our eldest granddaughter slid onto the toilet by herself, no stool required. They are growing so fast and he is missing it. And they are missing him, his fun and his wisdom, and his love.


3 comments:

  1. Love those scrappy star blocks! Hope your quilting brought some comfort on a rough week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your red and blue 9 patches remind me of a very old and worn quilt I found in the old farmhouse after I married my farmer sweetheart 43 years ago. Sad to sad to say, it ended up wrapping a sick cow at some point and never made it back to the house.

    ReplyDelete