Quilting fun for family and friends!

Friday 3 April 2020

Pam Kitty Morning Picnic Quilt

Hello everyone, I hope all is well with you and the new norm of social distancing. I don't go out much and have to say last time I went to the grocery store I was a little surprised, and grateful, for the procedures they have put in place. Lines on the ground outside the store so not too many people go in, sanitizing all the carts, arrows on the floor directing traffic flow and lines on the floor to exit through the cashier. I sometimes feel we are living through a movie, say "Contagion", with way more hand washing. To combat the stress I have a practice of meditation, yoga and yoga nidra. And of course quilting. Quilting is my happy place!

I have been working on this quilt for years. Saw the pattern, ordered the kit, and then it sat. Then another flurry of activity to cut it all out and sew the squares. Last effort saw it as a top. It was to have been quilting and presented at Christmas but that never happened. LOL not sure why I think I can complete anything in December.
With the social distancing and staying home I completed this in 2 days. It has now been delivered and is being loved in its new home.

1 comment:

  1. So, so pretty! I love the soft colors in this one. And those secondary patterns are really super. Congrats on getting this lovely quilt finished and gifted. I'm sure the recipients love it :)

    ReplyDelete