Quilting fun for family and friends!

Wednesday 27 November 2013

WIP Wednesday - Christmas is Coming!

I love Christmas! I love everything about it! The cleaning up the house to bring all the decorations out, making a bigger mess than when you started. Oh yeah! I took my first quilting workshop. I went as the fabric for the project was Winter's Lane, my new favourite this year. I made a table runner. Did not finish it in the evening even though all the pieces were already cut up! Bonus!
Brought it home to quilt it with the invisible thread on the top and the colour on the bottom, to get that I did it by hand look. Did not work for me. So threw some quilting on to hold it steady and the binding. It is now sitting on the table and I will finish it up over the holidays. Kind of my favourite way to finish up projects. Use them while you finish them.
Made a couple of coasters and mug rugs for a Kid's Christmas Craft Fair this weekend. I had plans to also make some coffee cup holders. I have now run out of time so not to be. Oops camera is out of battery life. Pics to follow.

Lady of the Lake still sitting there. Guilt on a chair and she hasn't even said a word.

Finished up my bee blocks but forgot to take pictures. Who does that? A Cathedral Window and 3 house blocks. Sooo glad they were not paper piecing!!!

Linking up to The Needle and Thread Network.

4 comments:

  1. Your runner is just so pretty. Love the fabric. Don't feel bad about your Lady, I started handquilting an appliqued quilt back in March and I haven't touched it since then, it sits on a chair, glaring at me everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love your runner. Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice table runner.

    ReplyDelete