I finished the Asterisk Blocks and sent them off. First bee blocks ever! They are for the Simply Solids Bee. The fabric was sent out for this, so not so nerve wracking on the choose fabric front. I did, however, rip out seams, not too many, as the blocks were for someone else. Interesting personal challenge as I have never sewn for someone not family. Suddenly I would not send out something that would be good enough if they were staying home.
I also finished my We Bee Canadian blocks and mailed them off. Hopefully Nita will receive them soon. And I really hope she likes them. I had to pick the fabric for the blocks. My second bee blocks.
Two new sewing firsts!!
On the personal front still wrapped in cotton batting. Not a bad way to get through the days. Family, friends and co workers have been very supportive. They are taking care of the day to day stuff, like shopping and cooking. My standard response to "how are you" is "I'm getting by, putting one foot in front of the other". Starting to feel some cracks around the edges, sadness is seeping in. I am progressing in the grieving process.
Thank goodness for bee blocks and deadlines!
Linking to Lily's Quilts: