Quilting fun for family and friends!

Sunday 3 February 2013

January Finishes 2013

I am quite pleased with January. Two blocks for different bees, the skill builder (one block only), and two sets of placemats.


I finished the Asterisk Blocks and sent them off. First bee blocks ever! They are for the Simply Solids Bee. The fabric was sent out for this, so not so nerve wracking on the choose fabric front. I did, however, rip out seams, not too many, as the blocks were for someone else. Interesting personal challenge as I have never sewn for someone not family. Suddenly I would not send out something that would be good enough if they were staying home.


I also finished my We Bee Canadian blocks and mailed them off. Hopefully Nita will receive them soon. And I really hope she likes them. I had to pick the fabric for the blocks. My second bee blocks.


Two new sewing firsts!!

On the personal front still wrapped in cotton batting. Not a bad way to get through the days. Family, friends and co workers have been very supportive. They are taking care of the day to day stuff, like shopping and cooking. My standard response to "how are you" is "I'm getting by, putting one foot in front of the other". Starting to feel some cracks around the edges, sadness is seeping in. I am progressing in the grieving process.

Thank goodness for bee blocks and deadlines!

Linking to Lily's Quilts:

Lily's Quilts                              Lily's Quilts

5 comments:

  1. Your blocks for Katy look great! And I love your skill builder block, too.

    On the other front, sending virtual hugs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,
    You've had a much more productive January than me. I keep starting projects and not finishing anything! I love those asterisks block; they remind me of the union jack!
    Rosie (crafty-Bella.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am visiting from Lily's Quilts, you don't have a place for people to join? SO sorry to hear about your husband, keep up the creative juices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam,
    I LOVE the bowtie blocks you made for me! they arrived safe and sound, thank you! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! All your blocks look great - I especially like the Wee Bee Canadian blocks. Great colors! Thanks for visiting my blog from Lily's Quilts. This is a great way to get to know other sewists and quilters. So sorry to read about your husband. Glad you have good friends and family to help.

    ReplyDelete